Lest you think me a woebegotten narcissist, I bring you the top ten reasons to honor my memory with a purchase of Sisi-kitsch this holiday season.
1. I was born on Christmas Eve.
2. All nine of us Wittelsbach children had his/her very own Christmas tree.
3. Nobody does Christmas better than Bavaria.
4. My coloring and fashion sense work well on mousepads and mugs.
5. O Tannenbaum! O Tannenbaum!
6. Though I didn’t exactly invent the Vienna Boys’ Choir, there’s a natural association.
8. I was born with a “lucky tooth” and therefore destined for great things.
9. The “Good Faerie” gave me exceptional beauty, sweetness, dignity, grace, kindness and wit.
10. Unfortunately, the “Wicked Faerie” also cast a spell, professing that nothing would bring me happiness; and that even my extraordinary beauty would bring me sorrow.
So, you see, my legacy is the perfect set up for the yin-yang drama of the holidays! (Okay, now you really think me a woebegotten narcissist!)
Sunday’s child, a child of the sun;
Her golden rays she wove into my throne,
With her glow she wove my crown,
It is in her light that I live.